MANASSAS, VA -- A fire that destroyed two townhomes and damage two others earlier this week started with an electric clothes dryer in a laundry room in a shed behind one of the townhomes.
The finding were released Friday by Fire Marshals from the City of Manassas Fire and Rescue Department, assisted by an agent from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives
Damage to the four townhouses on Wednesday is estimated at approximately $500,000.
Further forensic testing of the dryer is needed to accurately determine the ignition source, according to investigators. However, improper venting and overloading of lint is a consideration.
By Greg Hambrick (Manassas Patch)